W7ORC

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > IRLP > IRLP Getting Started

W7MCM

Hi, well we are getting our IRLP node and all back from the KK7EC group actually out of the Bat Cave at the Sheriffs office.

I have been reading up on IRLP and encourage others to do the same here is the link: http://www.irlp.net/main.html

I will be posting alot more here so visit often

--

W7MCM

President

Webmaster

November 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W7MCM

Well, Al and I recovered the IRLP radio, computer and all, and we talked about it at the meeting, but did not come up with anything definate as to where to put it. We did have a few suggestions, and one of our members has ties with the TV district and is going to see if we can maybe put it up on Dyer Hill above Bridgeport and Brewster, that has internet and power. Any should be great coverage. So we will see how that pans out, also maybe up by Elesforde above Tonasket.

So there are a couple of areas that may be available. Right now it is my house and I am in the process of hooking it up so we can get it reprogrammed with the clubs call and name.

Any questions post here or give the club an email and we will try to answer.

I will keep this courrent..73,

Mike

--

W7MCM

President

Webmaster

November 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W7MCM

Well here is an update on the club IRLP node. After some further research, and suggestions from concerned hams in the area, we asked KK7MF if he would mind putting the node at his place. We talked to his Internet provider Community Net and they offer static ip address for free and Bill actually came to his house and did it for him..talk about good service. So I asked Roy VE7IS if he and Jan VE7QE if they were planning on coming to Omak any time soon and if so would would they mind stopping by and helping us get the node on line. The happened to be coming that next week and they did come by and Jan worked tirelessly and got the node up and reinstalled. We are still working out the kinks, but hope to have it fully functional by the time of the club meeting Dec 18.Right now we are having interference from Derrick KF7VSX simplex repeater in Grand Coulee, it is actually on on going problem as I have heard it interfere before we moved the node from the Bat cave. So that is being addressed and the ids and all are as well. I hope to give a presentation on irlp at the Dec meeting. At least how to get in and out of the node properly.

The node is 3257 and the frequency is 146.500

--

W7MCM

President

Webmaster

December 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W7ORC
Site Owner

UPDATE: We changed the Node Frequency to 146.460 december 18th,2013

--

We are the number 1 Club in Okanogan County for sure!!

December 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W7MCM
Administrator

Hi everyone, ok well the irlp is down for now. we have Roy and Jan working on it. We bought a new router for it hoping that was the problem but it wasn't Before it  was realized that the irlp was down  Dick kk7mf and I bought a 21' 1 1/4" pole to raise  the antenna up. We did that Wed. the 11th. so hopefully Jan ve7qe can get it up and running soon.  se will announce when it is.

--

W7MCM

Enjoying the ride.

March 13, 2015 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.